With the pandemic still ongoing, Thasha Aly considers what the year ahead will bring and how we can equip ourselves with the right tools for a more positive 2021.
2021 has got a lot riding on it. It’s safe to say that 2020 was a total wipeout for most. Not just on a local, regional or even national scale. But, internationally. For the first time, at least in my generation, we saw a whole year get written off by the powers that be. The world kept turning, but aside from the incredible health and science sectors, the rest of us just need to pretend that it never happened.
So, now 2021 had better step up. We’ve had enough of keeping each other at a distance. We all need a jolly good hug and a cup of tea with those we love. But what will the new norm be? And when will it come for those of us who are still effectively in lockdown? Who’s to know. I say, let’s get prepared.
What do we need to do to make this year a good’un? Here’s my two cents.
- Make work work, for you – If there is anything that the pandemic has taught us, it’s that the traditional ‘in office’ set up isn’t an absolute must anymore. We have proven that we truly can work from anywhere, as long as we get the job done. Cut down your commute where you can, and push for flexible working patterns to suit your set up. It can mean more time for the things and people that really matter.
- Compassion – Something we’ve hopefully all had to work on this past year. You’ll go far with bags of this on your side. Give people the time they need to grieve last year’s losses, and the space to get themselves ready for a fresh start.
- Do something new – It could be as simple as going out for a coffee on your own to watch the world go by whilst the kids are at school; or even learning a new skill, so you’re ready for the next apocalypse.
- Wellbeing – This past year has been a mental health catastrophe for so many. Become an ally for those who need it. Check in with each other, listen more, get outdoors and breathe. Help others where you can; the goodness will bounce back to you in so many unexpected ways.
- Grow your bubble – Who knew we’d be talking about bubbles so much last year? Hubba Bubba should cash in on the amount of gum-based advice we endured. But, truly, this is the time to grow your network of family and friends. Relish in their company. Speak to your neighbours more and just make the extra effort. We have missed the opportunity for almost a year now. When we get the chance back, we can’t waste it.
- Chocolate. That is all.
So, let’s brace ourselves for a tough, but hopefully brighter year ahead. Get ready 2021. We’ve got banana bread recipes, and we’re not afraid to use them.
For press enquiries and further information on your own wealth management plans you can reach out via the contact form or schedule a call via the Calendly widget (30 min initial enquiry option) below: